RE: RE: Re: A faster alternative to ListIntegrate?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35766] RE: [mg35744] RE: [mg35721] Re: A faster alternative to ListIntegrate?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

From: DrBob [mailto:majort at]
To: mathgroup at

My machine is a Gateway 700XL Pentium 4, 2.2GHz with 1024 MB RDRAM.  I
bought too soon at that (February); the new 700XL has a 2.53GHz chip for
the same price.  That just makes me mad!

The famed 8th century Chinese State Minister of Statistics, Du Fu, wrote in
his old age:

"When I was a youth my honored parents bought me an abacus. By diligent
practice I soon became skilled on this wonderful instrument. I excelled in
many speed contests and it gave me an illustrious career in the service of
the Emperor. But now, 45 years later, a new abacus is being sold in the
common market places. It has three extra slots and uses tiger oil
lubrication on polished young pine wood. It is sold for a lesser price than
the one that has served me all these years. Alas, that mere artifice should
overcome human skill. It makes me very sad!"

David Park
djmp at