Re: calculating the azimuth between two lat/lon's

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34984] Re: calculating the azimuth between two lat/lon's
  • From: rainer gruber <rainer.gruber at gmx.at>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry,

my fault, I "redefined" azimuth. As I found on
<http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.html#Notes> "_Azimuth_ is the
angle along the horizon, with zero degrees corresponding to North, and
increasing in a clockwise fashion".

I posted the angle between the two lines from both points to the center
of the earth.

Rainer Gruber