RE: Colors

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg34998] RE: [mg34986] Colors
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:52:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

This is a question I am going to use to promote the DrawGraphics package at
my web site. DrawGraphics deals directly at the level of primitive graphics
and allows their direct manipulation so it is easier. (The package also
automatically loads the Graphics`Colors` package so we can use color names

This draws three curves for positive t in black and the reflected curves in
Red. DrawingTransform just implements the rule you used, but also works
properly with the various graphic primitives such as Text.

    {g = Draw[{Sin[t], t^3, Cos[t]}, {t, 0, 4}],
      Red, g /. DrawingTransform[-#1 &, #2 &]},
    Axes -> True];

David Park
djmp at