StoppingTest option for NDSolve

Does anyone know how to use the StoppingTest option for NDSolve?  This
option doesn't seem to be documented, but shows up in Options[NDSolve].

I need to terminate a numerical integration when given state variables
go out of a specified region, and I was hoping that I could do this by
defining a stopping test.

Thanks,
Randy