RE: New?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34112] RE: [mg34077] New?
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at cox-internet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 04:28:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have questions about the BuckyMatrix notebook at
http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/msitem?0212-072

First, I wonder how the formatting is achieved.

Second, I'm wondering the purpose of the undefined symbol mz in the
early expressions.  For instance, if mz is undefined then

bm=(B@@#1&)/@mz/@Transpose[m]

is equivalent to the much simpler

B/@Transpose[m]

and

e=B@@mz[{5,6}]

is equivalent to

e=B[{5,6}]

Ooh!  Now I see!  The symbol is defined near the bottom of the notebook,
AFTER it's used.  Not a good idea, perhaps... it certainly confused ME!

Bobby Treat

Dr. Bobby Treat
Survey Sampling: http://www.bus.utexas.edu/courses/msis/sta376/
OR Models: http://www.me.utexas.edu/~treatb/