Re: Limit to length of lists?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34153] Re: Limit to length of lists?
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bob,
Below I simulate your process as I understand it - apart from the cut and
pasting, which I don't see the need for.
Everything works OK and the calculation of ss takes 1.75 second on my old
233 MHz machine.
You might like to try what you are doing using a short list with symbolic
entries, for example {a,b,c,d,e} for s -- this is often a good way of
following what is going on.

    s= Table[Random[Integer,{1,2^32/40000}], {40000}];

    ss=FoldList[Plus,0, Drop[s,-1]];

    Length[ss]

        40000

    OrderedQ[ss]