Re: Geometry- transformations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34382] Re: Geometry- transformations
  • From: "Borut L" <gollum at email.si>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 06:31:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greeting to neighbooring Croatia,

Your taks involves defining points in 3D, that is XYZ.
Make a Polygon object.
Use package <<Graphics`Shapes` to access affine transform methods -
translation, roatation and stretching.

Translation is straightforward, when rotation involves Euler angles, where
the first one - phi is rotation around z-axis, which is perpendicular to XY
shapes.

Not a full solution, but half a way.

Bye,

Borut from Slovenia