Re: How write or Export a Cell holding a Matrix in //MatrixForm format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34633] Re: How write or Export a Cell holding a Matrix in //MatrixForm format
  • From: Mars.bbs at bbs.dartmouth.edu (Momotalo)
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 02:55:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

you can select the matrix, then goto menu Edit\Save Selection as\
you can save as emf/wmf or other format you like.

>>-------  tharter.  wrote:
: Hi All:
:      I have a calculated 3-dimensional matrix (mostly numbers and one
: variable) that is 22 by 7 by 3 which
: I can get to display nicely within a cell using   //MatrixForm.  How can
: I get this matrix written to an external
: file, keeping all of the nice parentheses that //MatrixForm provides?
: I've tried using Export with "Table" format,
: but because I need to add some text strings before and after the matrix,
: this doesn't work.  I've tried using
: "PDF" format, since I need others who don't have Mathematica to be able
: to read the result.  I've also tried using a ToBoxes[matrixname] command
: along with Export to a "GIF" format (which Acrobat Reader can read), but
: only get 1 page and then only the  first 2 columns.  I've also tried
: Display[filename,ToBoxes[matrixname],"GIF"]  ,
: but this didn't work either.   Is there an "ExportAppend" command, that
: would help in exporting different data types to the
: external file?
:     I'm sure there is some way to put the Mathematica formulated output
: into a file, readable by others who don't
: have Mathematica.  Could someone please point me in the right
: direction/combination?  Thanks in advance.
: ......Terry