AspectRatio->Automatic in multiple plot arrays?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37490] AspectRatio->Automatic in multiple plot arrays?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:43:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Suppose I'm building a complex array of plots with the structure:

    Show[
        GraphicsArray[{
            DisplayTogether[--multiple plots--, <--DT options-->],
            DisplayTogether[--multiple plots--, <--DT options-->],
            DisplayTogether[--multiple plots--, <--DT options-->] },
        <--GA options--> ],
    <--Show options-->];

where the --multiple plots-- include Plot's, ListPlot's and
ParametricPlot's, and I want *every* individual plot in the final result
to have AspectRatio->Automatic.

Should I be able to accomplish this in a global fashion by setting that
option in the Show options only?  Or in the GA options?  Or in each of
the DT options?  Or do I have to do it in every single individual plot?

(I've done some tests and seem to get inconsistent answers.  In fact,
I've put that option into every single possible place, and sometimes
still seem to get individual plots that don't obey it.)

Email cc appreciated.