RE: DrawGraphics Figure-8 && CPU Strangeness

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37523] RE: [mg37451] DrawGraphics Figure-8 && CPU Strangeness
  • From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 03:32:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I hope Tech Support can help with this.

When I run the Figure-8 animation, I get the "not enough memory to
display a cell" message and then the "not enough memory to do what you
asked" message.  I have to close and reopen Mathematica to get a usable
display.

I have this problem with many animations (SpinShow, etc...) -- with or
without DrawGraphics -- despite having 1024MB of RAM.  I'm using version
4.2 and WinXP Home, and I had the same problem with version 4.1.  The
problem is very consistent, in that each animation either always works
or never does.  If I reduce the number of frames enough, the animation
works.  The Figure-8, for instance, works if I change the step size from
2Pi/50 to 8Pi/50.

I have had no memory problems with other applications -- including SAS
8.2, Photoshop 7, Prime95, etc.

Help?

Bobby