Re: equation of motion problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37615] Re: equation of motion problem
  • From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 06:55:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chad

The most straightforward way to 'solve' your equation is to translate it
into Mathematica syntax, along the lines of:

y[t_] := ((g + dragForce)(t^2)/2)+(t v0)+y0

For this to work correctly you'll need to define values for the
constants g, dragForce, and v0.  Of course, if y0 is really always 0 you
could simplify the equation by dropping the term.

I'm a little puzzled by your question, since you suggest that you wish
to input a height and have returned a velocity - but you name the
parameter 't' which looks awfully like time to me.

Hope this helps some, if there's more to the question do post again.

Regards
Mark Westwood