RE: Programming Book suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37663] RE: [mg37644] Programming Book suggestions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:13:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter,

The best book is The Mathematica Book itself, which comes with professional
copies of Mathematica and is in the online Help for everybody. Without
working through all the relevant sections of Part I one is really working in
the dark and wasting time.

Another good book is "The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica" by Jerry Glynn
and Theodore Gray.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Peter Abilla [mailto:peter-abilla at inoveon.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Can anyone suggest a good Introductory Mathematica Programming book?  I'm
looking at using utilizing Mathematica's Jlink capability, but I'll need
some help on the Mathematica side.  Thanks in advance.

Peter