FindRoot and Inequalities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37710] FindRoot and Inequalities
  • From: George Thiel <thiel at us.ibm.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:29:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All
I'm trying to solve a system of nonlinear algebraic equations.
I was hoping to use the FindRoot.  However,  some
of the variables for which I'm solving must satisfy some
inequalities.   Is there an easy way to impose these constraints
in the solution?

Thanks in advance
George
(KthielK at us.ibm.com)