Re: HELP! Why are the solutions from NDSolve and DSolve not identical?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37762] Re: HELP! Why are the solutions from NDSolve and DSolve not identical?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:13:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

NDSolve[] gives a numerical approximation to the solution.
DSovel[] give the solution of the differential equation.
An approximation must be different from the true solution
otherwise it is not a approximation.

As long as you don't give the full input, i.e., the paramters
a,b,c,d we can't tell you what's wrong with your  numerical
solution and why it differs so much from the analytical
solution.

Regards
  Jens