Scaled PostScript output without margins

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37793] Scaled PostScript output without margins
  • From: yk at despammed.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:11:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo,

I would like to draw lines (or arcs...) of defined length (e.g. 10
Units, could be pts,mm, cm or m or whatever). The exported PS-file
should draw the lines with exact the same length.

I tried with the ImageSize property in Export, but this seems to define
the bounding box, so that the white margins of the plot spoil the result
(a line of 10cm only has 9.86cm of length on the paper). If I could get
rid of the margins, everything should be fine, but I did not succeed
here. Enlarging the ImageSize does not seem to be a very precise way, too...

Right now I´m exporting the coordinates and draw them via a
PostScript-program, but this is quite inconvenient.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Yves Klett