Re: MathLink under Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37800] Re: [mg37775] MathLink under Mac OS X
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:11:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, some anonymous coward wrote:

> I'm trying to get the example addtwo to compile, using ProjectBuilder.
> The Developer's guide says in different places, that I should not use
> libML.a, and also that I must use it.  In any event, I get fatals errors
> 'out of date' if I try to include it.  If I leave it out and use
> mathlink.framework instead, addtwo compiles but does not run normally.
>
> Any suggestions?  I've been working on this for days, it is driving me
> crazy.  I'm not a professional software developer and not very familair
> with ProjectBuilder, either.

MacOS X uses a static library for MathLink, just as has been done with
other UNIX variants.

There is a known issue for MacOS X wherein it is necessary to run the
command line tool ranlib on the library file libML.a before building
executables that are linked against the library.  As long as you don't
move the library file to another location, you need only do this once.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.