RE: Specifying fill color for a bounded 2D region

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37826] RE: [mg37782] Specifying fill color for a bounded 2D region
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:11:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Steven,

Use the Fills option.

Needs["Graphics`InequalityGraphics`"]
Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]

InequalityPlot[Xor[(x + 1/2)^2 + y^2 <= 1,
    (x - 1/2)^2 + y^2 <= 1], {x}, {y},
   Fills -> {DeepSkyBlue, DeepNaplesYellow}];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Steven T. Hatton [mailto:hattons at globalsymmetry.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

This is a long-standing issue for me.  I would like to be able to specify a
particular bound region of a graph and determine what collor to fill the
region with.  The InequalityGraphics does almost what I want.  If I could
specify the color with which to fill each region of the graph produced by
code such as this example from the help browser I would have my solution:

\!\(\(InequalityPlot[\

This seems like it should be a no-brainer, but I have yet to find a solution
to this.  Does anybody know of a way to accomplish such a thing?  All I want
to do is produce a Ven diagram using the traditional circles found in
textbooks, and fill the different regions with unique colors.
--
STH
Hatton's Law: