  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37898] Basic Question on Iterations
  • From: "Michael Balsamo" <mbalsamo at stwing.org>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 06:44:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematicians,

I am student working on mathematica 4.0, with little formal education of how
to use the program.  I have written a notebook that will solve an mechanical
situation given 3 points.  These 3 points are being read in via a data file.
I don't know how to make the following part work.

I would like to make a triple-nested for-loop that will iterate over the
values of each of the 3 text files where the data points are located.  I
would then like to run the notebook segments each time and record the answer
in a text file as well, each time appending to an array, with the final step
as exporting the array as a *.dat file

Any suggestions would be most beneficial and greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael