Re: How to do ListPlot with absolute point size?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37936] Re: [mg37931] How to do ListPlot with absolute point size?
  • From: Helge Andersson <helge at envic.chalmers.se>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:09:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Kirk,

Using the PlotStyle-option with AbsolutePointSize[] will do it.
The TextStyle-option let you control the fontsize of the text in the plot.

Module[{d = Table[{i, Random[Real, {0, 10}]}, {i, 2000}]},
   Scan[ ListPlot[d, ImageSize -> {#1, #1}, TextStyle -> {FontSize -> 12},
PlotStyle -> AbsolutePointSize[4]] &,
     {1000, 500, 250, 125}]]

Beware of the optical illusion that may result from the code above.
Points in the smaller plots look larger compared with points in the larger
plots

/Helge