ImageSize, ImageMargins and ImageRegion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37988] ImageSize, ImageMargins and ImageRegion
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:16:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

If one wants to control the size of a plot, it can be done with ImageSize as
follows.

plot1 =
    Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2Pi},
      ImageSize -> 500];

But how does one control the positioning of the plot? Suppose I wanted to
move the plot over to the left edge. Suppose I wanted to do this for just a
specific plot in a notebook and not for all graphics output cells. How would
I do that? (I know that I can use the mouse to move the plot over, but I
want it to come up in the correct position in the first place.)

Whereas ImageSize is an option that can be used in Graphics (although it
appears to be transferred to the generated graphics cell as a Cell option)
ImageMargins and ImageRegion can not be used in Graphics expressions. These
seems inconsistent and I could find no examples of their use in the
documentation.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/