Re: rightTree[tree[_, _, right_]] := right Hu?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38021] Re: [mg37993] rightTree[tree[_, _, right_]] := right Hu?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:48:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Not a function call but a pattern with Head "tree". Actually pretty
basic Mathematica programming. Look up the Mathematica book under Head
etc. Oh, by the way, one more thing. Knowing too much about other
programming languages is actually a bit of a handicap as far as
Mathematica  is concerned, unless they are Lisp and Prolog (and even
then you have to be pretty careful for things tend to be not quite what
they seem...)

Andrzej Kozlowski
Yokohama, Japan
http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~akoz/