Re: Mathematica stole my X so I had to kill it

On 10/4/02 at 5:01 AM, djmp at earthlink.net (David Park) wrote:

>Yes, there seems to be a lot of people who have a visceral hatred for
>Microsoft and Windows. They are even willing to "shed blood" to avoid
>Windows. But why? Windows works and you don't have to become a systems
>programmer.
>
>Furthermore, I think that Steven Wolfram uses some version of Windows.
>So guess which system Mathematica will be best tuned up for?

If it is true Wolfram uses Mathematica on a Windows based machine my experience is it doesn't translate to Mathematica running better on Windows. I use Mathematica on WindowsNT and on a Mac (currently Mac OS X). I have found Mathematica to be more stable on a Mac than on Windows. On more than one occassion I've seen errors I made Mathematica code to crash the entire machine under WindowsNT. I've never had this happen running things on a Mac.