Is {d,e,f}[a] meaningful or useful?

I'm playing around with Mathematica just trying to see what happens if... One thing
I came up with was lst1={a,b,c}; lst2={d,e,f}; Map[lst1,lst2} which
resulted in the following rather unusual looking expression(?):

{{a, b, c}[d], {a, b, c}[e], {a, b, c}[f]}

I'm wondering if such a List represents something 'meaningful'. Any
opinions?

STH