Custom colors on a 3-d suface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37257] Custom colors on a 3-d suface
  • From: fstarr at nist.gov (F Starr)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:18:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to color the surface of a regular polyhedron (an icosahedron,
specifically) according to a relatively simple function of the spatial
coordinates of the surface.  I easily got a nice icosahedron of the
appropriate size, but thus far I have been unable to resolve the
coloring issue.

Any advice is appreciated.

Francis