Get rid of unwanted {}

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg37258] Get rid of unwanted {}
  • From: "JJJ Shen" <jushen1 at>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:18:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi, Sorry for asking again a question regarding to the unwanted {}.

I wrote a function, f, which accepts input having a form like:

However, the output of f having a form like:

f[gg] gives {{{ob11}, {ob12}, {ob13}},{{ob21}, {ob22}, {ob23}, {ob24}}, ...
,{{obn1}, {obn2}, {obn3}}}

where the number of objects in each layer can vary.

The additional "intermediate" layer in the output of f prevents the feedback
to f, when use function like nest.

I looked up and tried several method, and it seems to be easy to get rid of
all inner layers, or the innerest layer, or the outmost layer (use

Is there a way to get rid of the middle layer as describe above?

Thanks very much for your kind help.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.