Good idea to use ArcTan[x,y] in Solve, Integrate etc?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37308] Good idea to use ArcTan[x,y] in Solve, Integrate etc?
- From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Is there any wisdom on whether one should employ or avoid the 2-argument form of ArcTan, versus ArcTan[y/x], in expressions involving Solve and Integrate? Is there any harm? Is there any benefit? Thanks!