how to extract parameter values

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37310] how to extract parameter values
  • From: Jan Mangaldan <jajem at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:48:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to know how I can extract the parameter
values used by ParametricPlot in plotting a curve,
e.g. if ParametricPlot used points corresponding to
parameter values 2, 4, 6, etc... I need a way to get
the list {2, 4, 6, ...}.

One solution I know is this:

list={};
ParametricPlot[(AppendTo[list,t]; {f[t]
g[t]}),{t,tmin,tmax}];

The problem with this is that I get an error that
ParametricPlot cannot compile the function, and that
the plotting time is considerably slowed down.
especially if I have a high PlotPoints setting.

Any ideas?

                                   Jan Mangaldan (~_~)