Re: Quadratic non-linear ODE.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37306] Re: [mg37265] Quadratic non-linear ODE.
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:48:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Except in some degenerate cases, you're not going to get analytical
solutions. Typically the best you can hope for is an implicit relation
involving y and x. For instance, if you have

dx/dt = f[x,y],  dy/dt = g[x,y],

then dy/dx = g[x,y]/f[x,y], and this is "solvable" (in principle) for
the types of equations you describe.

---
Selwyn Hollis