Re: A symbol for Floor
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36564] Re: [mg36525] A symbol for Floor
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:28:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Jack Goldberg wrote: > A commonly used symbol for the Floor function is a square bracket with > the upper indents removed. Is this symbol part of Mathematica's > built-in symbols? I think not, so then, can it be constructed "by > hand". Is this what you're describing? In:= \[LeftFloor]x\[RightFloor] Out= Floor[x] This notation is documented in Section A.2.6 of _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition). -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.