Front end proble in Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36676] Front end proble in Linux
  • From: Cesar Guerra <lushstring at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:10:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi math group,
I don't have any idea about how to solve next problem.
Thanks in advance for any hints...

Back space key when I am in the front end don't work
correctly. It advances instead of go back and there is
no way to erase something I wrote in the notebook. The
 pointer mark of the mouse looks like a hand instead
of an arrow, and this don't work fine too.
Is it a Mathematica Configuration problem or a Linux
Configuration one? How can I solve this?
Note: This problem seems to appear just in my
workspace
i mean this not happen for other users.
I used Mathematica 4.1 for Linux Red hat 7.0

Regards,
Cesar.