Re: Postponing loading of Package

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36652] Re: Postponing loading of Package
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:09:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

      Dynamic programming might help: replace the line defining BigVariable

BigVariable:=BigVariable=Table[x y,{x,1000},{y,1000}]

Then the table will not be calculated unless it is needed.

(See the section on "Functions that Remember Values They Have Found", 2.4.9
in the Mathematica Book).

John Jowett

news:alubet$no8$1 at