Mathematica 4.2 on Solaris 6?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36726] Mathematica 4.2 on Solaris 6?
- From: Alex Dawson <alex at ee.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:21:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All, Has anyone had any luck getting Mathematica 4.2 to work on a Sun running Solaris 6? I get the following error message when starting Mathematica: ./Mathematica ld.so.1: ./Mathematica: fatal: librt.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Killed But "math" works. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated - even if it's just "Solaris 6 sucks - Reinstall with Solaris 8/9". I'd rather not go to the trouble of reinstalling the box unless absolutely necessary (It is a 270mhz Ultra 5) Thanks. -- Alex Dawson <alex at ee.uwa.edu.au> 08 9380 1587 School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering Systems Administrator http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~alex