Re: How do I pick out the expression under a radical?

"Steve Beach" <asb4 at psu.edu> wrote in message
news:akf64b$bgc$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> I'm a poor physicist trying to figure out how to sort out the
> "physical" from the "non-physical" solutions to a problem.  To do
> that, I need to be able to look at an expression and pick out a
> subexpression, the part under the radical.

GRAY:
    This points up the need, which I've been aware of for years, to be
able to select any part of an expression and drag it to a new line for
further processing. Mathematica and the other CAS I'm familiar with are still
pretty much stuck with a command line interface. They need a true
GUI with extensive interaction.
    When I can see on the screen exactly what I want to do, why
should I have to type a bunch of stuff in to access what I want?
    Maybe we'll see this in version 5? 6? Never?