Re: Posting Mathematica Input to MathGroup

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36836] Re: Posting Mathematica Input to MathGroup
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 04:34:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I agree with you that it makes responding and using easier if the In and Out
numbers are not included.

An easier way to do this, rather than copying the contents of the cells, is
to use menu>Kernel>Show In/Out Names.

Usually a little manual reformating is needed to distinguish text, input and
output --- I try to use one tab indent for input and two tabs indent for
output, plus some  blank line adjustment.
I  wonder if anyone has a way of automatically achieving this reformating.

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK
hay at