Need to evaluate functions of the form y=5e+5 x1+2e-1x2, etc., were e means 10^
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36847] Need to evaluate functions of the form y=5e+5 x1+2e-1x2, etc., were e means 10^
- From: koehlerc at execpc.com (Chuck)
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:55:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have an odd problem. I need to use and simplify functions that have
been provided by a piece of software that insists on outputing the
functional results of a data mining proceedure, using "e" when
outputing numbers in scientific notation.
I'm having difficultly using Replace, Hold, etc. to correctly evaluate
these types of function formats. For example, y = 5e+5x1+2e-1x2,
should be transcribed into 5 10^5 x1 + 0.2 x2.
Prev by Date:
Re: Are configuration & UI better in 4.2?
Next by Date:
Accuracy and Precision
Previous by thread:
RE: RE: Re: Could someone verify a long Pi calculation in Version 4 for me?
Next by thread:
RE: Need to evaluate functions of the form y=5e+5 x1+2e-1x2, etc., were e means 10^