Re: Re: Bug in Solve?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36864] Re: [mg36846] Re: [mg36834] Bug in Solve?
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:03:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
That should read "...denominator of the expression for p1..." Bob In a message dated 9/29/2002 4:28:03 AM, BobHanlon at aol.com writes: >You might find it more robust (and the results cleaner) if you Simplify >the >equation prior to using Solve. Such as > >Solve[eqn // Rationalize // Simplify, p1] > >However, if you are assigning values to p or x prior to using Solve, there > >may not be a solution. That is, for whenever the numerator of the expression > >for p1 would be zero, e.g., > >p = (-6 x^7 + 7 x^6 +1)/(x^6 + 1). > Bob Hanlon