Solve simultaneous eqns
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36874] Solve simultaneous eqns
- From: "Nachi Gupta" <ngupta2 at seas.upenn.edu>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:03:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Pennsylvania
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to solve a system of simultaneous equations with 26 variables
and 14 equations (the 12 free variables can be any of the 26 from the eqns..
preferably ones that will minimize the computation time for the other 14).
These equation are not linearly related.. the highest degree in any one eqn
is degree 4 i believe.. and there are some cross terms in the equations but
not every equation depends on every variable.. (some are actually rather
simple eqns). Any ideas on how to get started with this using
mathematica (any ideas for algorithms)..
Anything will be helpful..
I can be reached at ngupta2 at seas.upenn.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: How to get a listing of currently defined symbols
Next by Date:
Re: Re: A Bessel integral
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: