EXCEL XP and Mathematica 4.2 - Problem with M-code sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40410] EXCEL XP and Mathematica 4.2 - Problem with M-code sheets
  • From: actuary at mchsi.com (Larry)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:24:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello:

I just obtained MathematicaLink for EXCEL and everything seems to be
working as expected except that I can't get Mathematica functions that
I define in M-Code shhets to work.  I reviewed the examples provided
and:
1. Name a sheet "M-Code"
2. Defined a function "Likelihood" using Mathematica notation
3. Tried using the function in the main spreadsheet with the following
code:
   =Math("Likelihood[#1,#2,#3]",j40,a40:h40,k40:r40) where Likelihood
is the function defined in the M-Code sheet.  I also loaded the
package with the function that is part of the definition of
"Likelihood".
Assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Larry