Question on formats etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40418] Question on formats etc.
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:33:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all you helpful experts:

1. With Format > Word Wrapping > Don't, it frequently wraps when the
text (cursor) is less than halfway across the screen. Why does this
happen? I haven't changed any of the screen behaviors so far as I
know.

2. Mathematica has this "helpful" feature where even in a Text cell when you
introduce certain characters, suddenly all alignments go screwy as if
to warn you that , for example, a right paren is lacking. It also does
this at times when I can't see what it's trying to tell me. I hate
this feature and want to depend on myself for format correctness. Is
there a way to get rid of it?

3. Why does the appearance of for example a product symbol (with lower
and upper limits) depend on whether the cell is Text or Input? The
symbol in a text cell is tiny, ugly, and kind of useless. Can I make
it (and the others) look like it does in an Input cell? I know about
making Input cells not evalatable, but maybe there is another way.

Thank you in advance.

Steve Gray