Re: Enlarged graphics in MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40417] Re: Enlarged graphics in MATHEMATICA
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:32:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <b6glqj$cet$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> ComplexGraphics[primitives : {___}, opts___] :=
>   Draw2D[primitives,
>     opts,
>     AspectRatio -> Automatic,
>     Frame -> True,
>     FrameTicks -> False,
>     Axes -> True,
>     AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
>     AxesStyle -> Gray,
>     ImageSize -> 500
>     ]
>
> That saves a lot of typing with each piece of graphics.

I think you could also do this with

    myOptions> = Sequence[
        Frame -> True,
        FrameTicks -> False,
        Axes -> True,
       AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
       AxesStyle -> Gray,
       ImageSize -> 500]

     SetOptions[Plot,myOptions]

at the beginning of your notebook.  Or, leave out the SetOptions and
write Plot etc commands in the form

    Plot[-------,myOptions]

Right?  (Latter choice would allow you to have several different sets of
options for different kinds of plots.)

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)