Re: How do I make graphs of (easy) functions like those in textbooks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40460] Re: How do I make graphs of (easy) functions like those in textbooks?
  • From: a_cjones at hotmail.com (cdj)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 04:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<b6m0fs$ehv$1 at smc.vnet.net>...

> Adding emphasis to the axes draws attention to the axes and away from the >data (parabola and plotted points). Since the only reason for producing a >graph is to display the data, other elements of the graph should help clarify >the data, not draw attention away from the data.

First off: thank you (and everyone else) who responded - the responses
were very helpful.

Next: thanks for the aesthetic advice, but I was just ticking off
features of a graph in a high school text book I was looking at. I
agree that I'm not gonna want all of them, but I just wanted to see
the code for the richest graphic I could think of, and whittle down to
reasonableness...

Finally: Thanks for the references.

Thanks again all,

cdj