Re: functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40462] Re: functions
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at attbi.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 04:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Correction to below and apologies to the group/list:

My dyslexia set in, proper syntax for functions would be

f[x_] :=

not as it was mistyped below.

David Park has a very nice "elementary" notebook on his website, at URL:

http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/Mathematica.html

with his "StepByStepEquations.nb"

which is a good place to get started.  It helped me out with some things

that might come easily to others, but not easily to me.  From there it is an

easy jump to Mathematica's

f[x_] =:

Steven Shippee

shippee at jcs.mil