Adobe Illustrator exporting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40494] Adobe Illustrator exporting
  • From: "Ronald Legere" <legere at ll.mit.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 03:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I just upgraded to 4.2.1, and still the export to illustrator functionality
doesn't work. E.g.:
gr = Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2 Pi}];
Export["test.ai",gr,"AI"];
This creates a file that Adobe illustrator complains about (MPS Parser error).

I saw a post on this list in 2000 with no resolution... perhaps Wolfram should
just remove this 'functionality'. I work around this using "EPS" files.

Does anyone have any idea what the bug is ? This must work for some people right?

Ron