Dashed Arrows, undashed Arrowheads?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40656] Dashed Arrows, undashed Arrowheads?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I draw arrows with dashed shafts using Dashing[] and
Graphics`Arrows, the arrowheads also come out dashed.  Looks weird to
me, not what I want.

After Exporting as EPS, Illustrator agrees that the arrowheads are
dashed, but lets me remove the dashing on the arrowhead without changing
the arrow shaft.

Any way to remove the arrowhead dashing in Mathematica itself?

(And by the way, having the syntax for Line[ ] be Line[{p1,p2}] but for
Arrow[ ] be Arrow[p1,p2] remains a "gotcha!".)

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)