MathLink with C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40694] MathLink with C++
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at _removemefirst_westmal.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I use Mathematica 4.2.1 for MS Windows. I need a simple example (like the
"addtwo" MathLink example) to demonstrate precisely how one connects
MathLink to classes in C++ (to drive C++ from Mathematica), but I can't find
any information on this in the usual places. I use MS Visual C++ 6 and can
get the "addtwo" example working, but I have not been successful in
extending this example to use classes.

At the Mathematica end of the link I would expect to do the following sort
of thing (trivial example, but enough to get me started):

obj = CreateObject[];
val = <number>;
SetObjectValue[obj, val];
val2 = GetObjectValue[obj];
Print[val2];
DestroyObject[obj];

What would I have to put at the C++ end of the link (e.g. code to add to the
"addtwo" example, say) to make the above "Object" class work for me?

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK