Export Complex Matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40722] Export Complex Matrices
  • From: Kyriakos Chourdakis <tuxedomoon at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 03:57:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I am trying to export matrices of the form

COO = {{2, 3, 2. 10^-9}, {3, 2, 2. 10^-9 I}}

with I the imaginary unit. It is the coordinate
representation of large sparse matrices. The first two
columns are the coordinates, and the third is the
value. When I use the simple

Export["COO.dat",COO]

I guess Mathematica recognises the imaginary part as string,
and exports

2   3   2.e-9
             -9
3   2   2. 10   I

instead of

2   3   2.e-9
3   2   2.e-9 I

I am sure there is a simple way to get around the
problem, but I can't find it..

I am using Mathematica 4.0 on Windows Me.

Best

K.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience