Specifying Graphics Size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40801] Specifying Graphics Size
  • From: Stewart Mandell <stewart at rentec.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:18:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to be able to have my graphics image size be 1024 x
256 pixels for instance.  I would like to be able to specify this
programatically. I'm confused between the concepts of ImageSize,
AspectRatio, PlotRange, and the different coordinate systems that
Mathematica uses.  I would like, in particular, to have finer control over
specifying a 2 D coordinate system in screen pixels, and then mapping
2 D World coordinates onto this.  I'd like to be able to specify a
"pixel rectangle" anywhere on a "pixel screen", say by specifying the
upper left hand coordinate of the screen and given the length and hight
of this pixel viewport.

I'd like to be able to this in Mathematica Notebook Cells or in just
plain old X windows.

                 Thank you, Stewart