getting mouse wheel working under X (fixed)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40838] getting mouse wheel working under X (fixed)
  • From: Tom Garcia <tgarcia-ng at hivemind.org>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 06:58:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I found a few posts asking how to do this and none with a solution, then was
able to get it working using imwheel. Simply add to imwheelrc something
like:

"Mathematica"
None,           Up,     Page_Up
None,           Down,   Page_Down

This translates wheel events into page up/down keypresses for notebooks. FYI
imwheel -p was necessary for me to prevent it dying from not being able to
write the pidfile as non-root.

-- Tom