Re: books on *problem solving* using mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40846] Re: [mg40834] books on *problem solving* using mathematica
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In my (prejudiced) opinion by far the best (and perhaps the only) text
that really satisfies your requirements is Michael Trott's "Mathematica
Guidebooks" : full of highly non-trivial problems form almost every
branch of mathematics where one might consider using a computer. To be
published by Springer-Verlag some time this year.

Andrzej Kozlowski
Yokohama, Japan
http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~akoz/
http://platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/andrzej/