Re: Cell evaluation in notbooks - template notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42935] Re: [mg42927] Cell evaluation in notbooks - template notebooks
  • From: Dr Bob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Close (Cell>Properties>Cell Open) and evaluate the following cell:

Print["This is a test of ", x + 2]

You can replace all your text cells with print statements if you want, and
the technique can be very useful for proofs.  (You'd probably want to use a
style sheet that changes the default appearance of output cells.)  See
David Park's website for a couple of simple notebooks (step by step
equations and Karl Friedrich).  He has done much more elaborate things than
what you see there, but maybe you'll get an idea...

http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

Bobby

majort at cox-internet.com
Bobby R. Treat